Avoid Drinking Bottled Water

Avoid drinking bottled water

An Environmental Working Group investigation found that PET plastics, the type used to make plastic water bottles and marked with a #1 code on the bottom, contain dozens of chemical additives, manufacturing impurities and breakdown byproducts – a total of more than 80 potential contaminants that can leach into the water.

The chemicals that are used to make them involve one major risk associated with drinking water in plastic bottles is that you may ingest harmful toxins. Some of the toxins like coliform, arsenic, fluoride, nitrates, and iron are present in large quantities. These toxins enter the water over time and you are at risk of drinking harmful water. We all tend to get the bitter taste in packaged water from time to time.

EWG: Five Reasons to Skip Bottled Water